Monday, December 10, 2007

#13 (week 6)

OK, now I'm pretty much convinced that whatever 'social' aspects were originally in my personality makeup are either faded to virtual transparency (pun intended) or gone completely.

&/or I'm hidebound / rigid. Or so comfortable with the kind of searching that I spend so much time on that I'm firmly embedded in the metaphoric crack in the couch between the back and the cushions, and unable to get up and move to another seat...

I like the availability of a tool to enable me to access bookmarks from 'anywhere' a lot - and I will explore del.icio.us and diigo in some depth if/when I get a couple of spare internet-enabled hours - but I don't feel the love for the 'social annotation/bookmarking' concept. There's so much junk out there... I want to get to exactly where I need to be, and that's why I use appropriate powerful search engines or websites or catalogues or... The purpose that the social bookmarking thing (beyond bookmark transportability I mean) is best suited for is serendipitous or bored e-travel... And that's not usually how I do - or want to - spend my internet time.

Or is it because it doesn't appeal to me to use it in the 'social' way that I don't see its potential attraction...

I dunno...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Neither do I :) But that's ok.. we what's useful to some may be junk to others!