Friday, December 14, 2007

#22 (week 9)

I've used netlibrary before - and it worked a lot better then than it did for me this evening. Without going into it, I'll be checking out the way it's loading for me with the Digital team... most bizarre... But seriously, I really am familiar with netlibrary, ebooks etc the way they are supposed to be. Don't care for them much myself - I prefer the paper version usually.

But the new stuff coming with downloadable audio books - that will be interesting. I've been a book-out-loud fan for years, and I'll be really interested to see what happens with Overdrive. I'm looking forward to trying it out for myself ('cause I'll have a snazzy new MP3 player to listen to my downloaded books on, while on the bus to and from work...), but also seeing whether a range of customers pick it up, or just a small techie group.

ebooks were going to be all the range, and in fact they seem to be of interest to only a small proportion of our audience as far as I've noticed. But the greater portability of the audio books - is there anyone but me that *doesn't* have an MP3 player humming away on my bus each day? Not likely - may see them bringing a whole different kind of audience in...?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For teh visual learners and our younger readers e-books are very popular