Thursday, December 13, 2007

#20 (week 9)

OK, this is fairly addictive stuff...

I'm vaguely horrified at how many things that I thought of were available, to say the least. A sign that the web is where all the baby boomers and us boom followers have gone...

I searched in vain for a 60s or 70s tv show that did not have at least two clips loaded. Mind you, the proportion of what's on youtube that encompasses is miniscule, but still.

Sigh. Favourite episodes of Bewitched, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (OK, I was young, and therefore my Richard Dean Anderson addiction is completely understandable). And most importantly, one of my all time favourite episodes of (the real) Star Trek - go on, don't tell me you've never seen or heard of *that* episode... The trouble with tribbles! So, here is one of my favourite scenes from this, one of the more vivid and long-lived memories from my childhood...





Super giggle, and sigh...

I don't know what I'd do exactly with YouTube in a library context, but clips of events, teasers of upcoming stuff, a tour of Central's mysterious stacks, a bookbinding demo, a look at some of our rare and great treasures, story-time of the week... it's all too addictive - I'm going to delete the link, and forget I ever saw it...

No comments: