Friday, December 14, 2007

#23 (week 9)

I certainly feel that I've done something... Actually, I'm feeling pretty jaded. I was away on leave from early October till the end of November, and so have been trying to cram my 2.0 discovery journey into a short amount of time. I'm not sure that this has been the best approach, but I'm glad I have gone through the steps - and even happier that I'm finished!

I feel that I have learned a lot more about things that I wanted to know about, and more than I really wanted to know about some things - but none of it has been wasted time. And that is not something I've said about most training programmes or courses I've been through or attended.

There is a lot I will explore in more depth over the coming weeks, as this time of year is typically a lot less pressured. It's the time when I sort files, tidy up around the place (physically and metaphorically speaking), make plans and plot and scheme... Checking out new ways of thinking and doing and finding out what is out there and what others are already well up with the play on is appropriate, and I think I am more aware not only of what sorts of things to explore, but where to focus my exploring energies.

And of course, far more importantly, I will feel a lot less mystified when overhearing conversations involving people under the age of 15. Or participating in conversations (verbal or electronic) with said under 15 age group. I might even feel less of a old fogie numb brain when talking to my nieces and nephews - there's gotta be hope, right...?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on completing the 2.0 learn through play journey and keep a look out for that MP3 player