Friday, December 7, 2007

#7 Week 3

Well, no reason to do these in order; I get bored, or follow a thread from something that I do find interesting only to end up somewhere completely different... Just as well we're all different.

The techno thing that I followed up today was skype, because it came up in conversation a couple of times recently and I had only the vaguest idea what it referred to.

I'm not sure how much less vague my understanding is, after having to click on almost all the hyperlinks in the various sites I accessed to learn about skype - since the terminology used to 'clarify' things was also outside of my scope in large part - but I think I like what I believe may be close to what it is.

For example, I was sort of aware of internet PC-PC phoning - but I hadn't consciously come across the term that apparently describes these, ie softphones. Too much, too much - my head hurt after a while. I'm a little worried about how much (if any) of this I'll retain...

And the nothing stays still thing. What little I did sort of know about the internet ph thing - well, things have come soooooo far. Really, brain hurt...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As you move through the exercises you may find that it all falls into place. good on your for taking a look at skype, we seem to be moving very quickly towards video conferencing at home...skype is the one to watch